St. Petersburg Elder Law Lawyers
Protecting the Rights of Seniors in Our Community
The elder law attorneys at Hill Law Group in St. Petersburg are a resource to their clients because they understand their clients’ needs may extend beyond basic legal services. They stay informed and connected to the local networks of professionals who serve the elder population throughout Pinellas County.
Call our St. Petersburg elder law attorneys at (727) 240-2350 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
What is an Elder Law Attorney?
An elderly law attorney deals with legal issues that impact an elderly client's:
- Health and personal care planning, which include powers of attorney and living wills, lifetime planning, and family issues
- Fiduciary (financial) representation, housing opportunities and financing, income, estate, and gift tax matters
- Planning for a healthy spouse when the other spouse requires long term care, asset protection, public benefits such as Medicaid, insurance, and veteran’s benefits
- Capacity, guardianship, and guardianship avoidance
- Resident rights in long-term care facilities and nursing home claims
- Employment and retirement matters, age or disability discrimination, and grandparents’ rights
- Will and trust planning, planning for minor or adult special needs children, and probate
- Life care planning for all aspects of aging, illness, and incapacity.
Elder law requires a practitioner to be particularly sensitive to the legal issues impacting elder clients. For example, when planning an estate, an elder law attorney would take into consideration the health of the person or couple, the potential for nursing home care, and the wishes and concerns of the person or couple if that event were to occur.
If need arises, the elder law attorney will associate other legal experts. Elder law covers all aspects of planning, counseling, education, and advocating for clients.
Quality of Life
According to Time Magazine, elder law attorneys stand out from other attorneys as kinder, gentler attorneys. The focus of an elder law attorney is on the older client and their families and how to best assure their client’s quality of life during their final years rather than just on disposition of assets. Elder law is often considered a well-blended mix of law and social work.
Our St. Petersburg elder law attorneys bring more to their practice than just expertise in elder law. They also have knowledge of the senior population and the unique needs of the elderly as well as the myths related to competence and aging.
Call (727) 240-2350 today to schedule a free consultation with the legal team at Hill Law Group.
Jonathan Kinsella guided us through the process from an introductory meeting all the way through approval.- Rick
Jonathan Kinsella of the Hill Law Group guided me through the process of submitting a Medicaid application for my partner of 26 years.- Quay
After our Dad's sudden death, Jonathan Kinsella was most helpful in assisting our family with the Medicaid application for our 94-year-old mother living in Florida.- Maureen
We Are Client Focused & Results Driven
When You Hire Us, You Get The Whole Team
You Can Expect Fast Response Times
Free 30 Minute Consultations