With the global pandemic caused by Covid-19, more and more people are calling concerned about their estate plans. They want to make sure all the proper things are in place. Accordingly, we at Hill Law Group, PA are adjusting our office and services to meet this growing need.
Before Covid-19, we had already been conducting many consultations via phone, especially with those who were long distance. Now, because of the stay-at-home orders that have been enforced due to Covid-19, we have moved all of our client consultations to phone or video conferencing. We’ve found that phones work well, and video conferencing works even better! It is as though you were in the room! Since we are working remotely, all of our staff meetings are taking place via video conferencing. The main tool we use is Zoom, though we also have the ability to use Facetime. If you’re interested in utilizing one of these applications, a member of our staff would be happy to walk you through how to do so. Best of all, both options are FREE!
View our Facebook page to see some photos showing a drive through signing and, while you are there don’t forget to like our page!
For clients who need to execute documents with us, we have re-designed our estate planning document execution process. Our office has started a new "drive-in" signing procedure that will take place in our parking lot.
The goal of our "drive-in" signing is to protect all people involved; to prevent our clients from coming into direct contact with us and us with them, in compliance with the social distancing guidelines that have been laid out for us by the CDC and our leaders.
- After meeting with you, the client, via phone or video, we will draft appropriate documents.
- Once drafting is completed, we will offer a follow-up telephone or video meeting in order to review and discuss the documents, answer questions, and make any changes requested.
- On the day you come to sign, we will have a signing table set up outside in the open air with the estate planning documents ready and waiting.
- You will exit your vehicle and sign your documents on the lines that are clearly tabbed.
- The attorney, notary and witnesses will be standing a safe distance away, but close enough to witness the client signing the documents. Once you have finished signing, you will return to your vehicle to observe and witness the signing of your documents. At that time, the attorney, notary and witnesses will individually (one at a time) approach the table to sign and finish the execution of the documents.
- In an abundance of caution, our team members will be wearing gloves and homemade masks (so as not to take much-needed medical grade ones from Medical personnel and first responders) as a protective measure for you.
- When the execution process has been completed, we will take the documents inside for processing, and we will store them in our vaults until the pandemic has passed or you wish to retrieve them. Once processed, we will email copies to you.
Please note that this "drive-in" signing is strictly to execute the documents and there will not be an opportunity to review these documents with the attorney during this time. Therefore, if you have any questions, please let us know at your earliest convenience so we can get you scheduled for a telephone call to review the documents and address your questions/concerns before the signing appointment.
We are looking forward to the day we no longer need to practice social distancing recommended by the CDC. In the meantime, we will use this process to make sure your legal needs are met.
We look forward to hearing from you. We are working to make adjustments with our phone system as quickly as possible. If you call and get voicemail, please leave a message. We will return your call as quickly as possible.
We can be reached at (727) 240-2350 or via our online messaging system. Stay safe and healthy!